All lots of Fetal Bovine Serum – Premium Select are sterility, virus, and performance tested, and include a biochemical profile. In addition, a hormone analysis is performed. Lots are manufactured from USA origin or USDA-approved origin material following stringent manufacturing and quality control procedures. All lots of FBS – Premium Select are manufactured in our ISO 9001:2015 certified facility.
- Sera is aseptically collected and processed in a cGMP facility
- Each batch of raw serum is screened for endotoxin, residual hemoglobin concentration, and microbiological quality before being used in production
- Batches of raw serum are pooled and continuously mixed prior to filtration to ensure consistent quality throughout the entire lot
- Final lots are tested for endotoxin, hemoglobin, pH, mycoplasma, and growth promotion. Biochemical assays and virus testing are also available upon request
- Premium FBS is sourced from U.S. herds
- Heat-inactivated Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS) is heated at 56°C for 30 minutes
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Heat Inactivated||Yes||Grade||Grade Premium|
|For Use With (Application)||Used as a supplement to cell culture media to help sustain cell growth and metabolism. This product is for research use only.||Hemoglobin Concentration||<30mg/dL|
|Osmolality||315 ± 35mOsm/kg H20||pH||7.8 ±0.8|
|Protein Content||30 to 50g/L||Storage||-25° to -15°C|
|Protein Content||30 to 50g/L||Source||Bovine Fetus|
|Sterilization Method||Triple 0.1μm Filtration||USDA Safety Testing Included||USDA Inspected|
|Product Type||Heat Inactivated Premium FBS|